Choose the correct variant
1. He often _____________ them in the hospital.
A. sees B. seeing C. see D. seen
2. How _________ medical universities __________ their students?
A. does … admit B. do… admit C. admit D. has … admitted
3. The doctor __________ the patient now.
A. were examining B. examine C. was examining D. is examining
4. I think she ____________ a cake in an hour.
A. will make B. makes C. is made D. are making
5. Tom ____________ his bag one month ago.
A. has lost B. loses C. lost d) will lose
6. Where ____ Mary and Julia going?
A. is B. are C. do D. does
7. I ___ a temperature but I ___ have a sore throat.
A. have/don’t B. am/not C. have/doesn’t D. don’t/got
8. I’ve looked for my book ___ but I can’t find it.
A. anywhere B. somewhere C. nowhere D. everywhere
9. Can I speak to Mr. Rich? ‑ I’m sorry, he ___.
A. is sleeping B. sleeps C. slept D. was sleeping
10. The history exam ___ next Friday.
A. was B. will be C. were D. are
11. I’ve got a headache. ‑ Well, why don’t you ___ aspirin?
A. to take B. take C. taken D. taking
12. I ___________ three courses of chemistry in the Academy such as general, organic and inorganic chemistry.
A. has B. is having C. have D. to have
13. The methods ____________ intensive.
A. was B. be C. will D. are
14. There __________ plenty of theories of cancer nature nowadays.
A. are B. were C. will be D. is
15. We cleaned _____________ rooms in the flat. We are free now.
A. any B. every C. all D. no
16. There __________ no people in the office as it was very late.
A. was B. will be C. are D. were
17. I’d like to ask you ___________ questions.
A. nothing B. some C. any D. every
18. How long _________ it take you to get to your university?
A. do B. is C. has D. does
19. Frank and I ____ engineers.
A. am B. is C. was D. are
20. What is wrong with Lisa? ‑ She ___ a high temperature.
A. is B. has C. does D. is having
21. How was the party? ‑ Very nice but Thomas ___ too much.
A. sing B. sang C. sung D. will sing
22. He knows ___ about sports.
A. nothing B. anything C. at all D. every
23. ____________ knows the earliest symptoms of bronchitis.
A. Everyone B. Everything C. Everywhere D. Every
24. It’s 2 p.m. now. Her children _______________.
A. were sleeping B. sleep C. will sleep D. are sleeping
25. What ______ you ________ here?
A. are / doing B. do / do C. am / doing D. are / do
26. Sue ________________ her school next July.
A. are finishing B. finishes C. will finish D. finished
27. Some minutes ago my watch _____________.
A. stopped B. stop C. is stopping D. will stop
28. When I opened a package I ______________ a surprise.
A. had found B. found C. find D. was finding
29. There are _____ products in the fridge. It’s empty.
A. some B. any C. no D. every
30. Are there ____________ dull heart sounds?
A. every B. any C. no D. some
31. Tom __________ a student of the medical faculty.
A. are B. were C. has D. is
32. There __________ some books on the table.
A. are B. is C. was D. be
33. Is __________ Ok? – Yes, thank you. I feel good.
A. nothing B. all C. everything D. something
34. Ann always ____________ water in the morning.
A. drunk B. drink C. is drinking D. drinks
35. Some years ago I ___________ him at Sue’s party.
A. meet B. met C. did meet D. meeting
36. The students of our group always ____________ all their exams on time.
A. pass B. are passing C. passes D. passing
37. Kate and her children ____________ now.
A. is swimming B. swim C. swam D. are swimming
38. I’d like to buy ____________ for you.
A. anything B. nothing C. something D. some
39. I ___________ a terrible headache last week.
A. have B. had C. will have D. has
40. The doctor _____________ 8 patients yesterday.
A. examined B. examines C. will examine D. is examining
41. I ___________ born in Kyiv.
A. am B. be C. was D. will
42. Tom ____________ everything tomorrow.
A. will clean B. cleans C. is cleaning D. cleaned
43. I never ___________ milk here.
A. buy B. am buying C. don’t buy D. buys
44. These women ___________ doctors.
A. is B. was C. are D. have
45. There ________ only some people in the room last time.
A. was B. is C. were D. are
46. ____________ likes him.
A. Everywhere B. Everybody C. Everything D. Every
47. Where ____ they ________? To the theatre
A. are / going B. do / go C. does / go D. are / go
48. Next week there __________ an interesting film on TV.
A. are B. was C. is D. will be
49. Last Friday he ___________ home very late.
A. come B. did come C. came D. comes
50. I promise we ____________ him tomorrow.
A. call B. are calling C. called D. will call
51. When ____________ Ann __________ school? – In 2010
A. did / finish B. did / finished C. does / finish D. do / finish
52. Yesterday he ________ only 3 lessons.
A. had B. has C. was having D. will have
53. He ___________ a bath at the moment.
A. has B. is having C. will have D. had
54. My grandparents usually ___________ their free time in the country.
A. spends B. are spending C. spend D. spending
55. I don’t know ___________ about this man.
A. something B. nothing C. everything D. anything
56. There ___________ 3 children in the park yesterday.
A. are B. were C. will be D. was
57. Kate ______________ every day.
58. These vegetables ___________ good for you.
A. is B. was C. have D. are
59. Her father ___________ a doctor.
A. were B. is C. are D. be
60. Are there __________ books on the shelf?
A. any B. some C. every D. nothing
61. He found virus infection _____ by interferon last time.
A. to be influenced B. to have influenced C. to be influencing D. to have been influenced
62. While the patient had some problems with his vessels he __ a light diet limited in salt.
63. A. was being followed B. is following C. is being followed D. was following
64. The effectiveness of in vitro fertilization _____ at present.
A. is discussing B. was discussing C. is being discussed D. will be discussing
65. You will be discharged if you ____________ better.
A. feels B. had felt C. feel D. will feel
66. The doctor in charge believes the aggravation of the patient’s condition _______ develop in two hours.
A. must B. may C. should D. need
67. He ____ just ____________ of his headache.
A. has been complain B. had complained C. is complaining D. has complained
68. Dissection ________ physicians to identify the cause of the death.
A. have enabled B. enables C. is enabling
D. will be enabled
69. The gastric juice _________ to contain much mucus, leucocytes.
A. knows B. were known C. knew D. is known
70. The girl __________ heart murmurs since the age of seven and no therapeutic measures are effective in their elimination.
A. had B. have had C. has been having D. has had
71. Jack wanted to know whether a healthy lifestyle _____________ a person avoid heart disease.
A. will be able to help B. can help C. could help D. would have helped
72. It is necessary to determine blood group before the transfusion _______ to the patient.
A. will give B. will be given C. is given D. has given
73. I know this surgeon __________ yesterday.
A. to have operated B. to be operated C. to operate
D. to be operating
74. She is likely ______ from the hospital soon.
A. to discharge B. to be discharged C. to have been discharged D. will be discharged
75. The therapeutist didn’t think the patient ______ from such a severe disease so soon.
A. recovers B. would recover C. was recovered D. had been recovered
76. The lecture in Histology _____________ to be delivered by Prof. Ivanov.
A. are considered B. considers C. will consider
D. was considered
77. The physician will administer a proper treatment if he ___________ an initial diagnosis.
A. make B. makes C. will make D. have made
78. You _______ your mouth, gums and teeth in healthy condition.
A. can keep B. may keep C. has to keep D. must keep
79. Yesterday from 2 till 6 o’clock we ________ at our scientific laboratory.
A. are working B. worked C. were working D. had been working
80. The male patient _______ grippe before he was admitted to the clinic.
A. has B. had C. had had D. had been having
81. Numerous questions ___________ by the medical commission now.
A. are considering B. are being considered C. consider
D. have been considering
82. The students were glad _____________ their credit test in Surgery.
A. to have been passed B . to having been passed C. to have passed D. to be passing
83. He explained that he ____________ the diagnosis of acute coronary syndrome the previous time.
A. made B. had made C. were made D. was making
84. We know the nurse ____ the patient’s blood pressure in the morning.
A. to have measured B. to be measured C. to have been measuring D. to be measuring
85. Tomorrow from 5 to 6 p.m. I ____________ my patients in the clinic.
A. will examine B. examines C. will be examining D. will have examined
86. The patient will recover if he ______________ a prescribed treatment.
A. follows B. will follow C. follow D. is followed
87. My friend ____________ in Lviv for a month when I come here.
A. will live B. will be living C. lives D. will have been living
88. The infant ______ move as much as possible for the proper development of the body.
A. can B. may C. is allowed to D. must
89. These drugs _____________ for their effects on a man yet.
A. weren’t tested B. haven’t been tested C. had tested D. won’t be tested
90. No changes __________ in the patient’s condition right now.
A. are observed B. will be observed C. have been observed D. are being observed
91. The doctor _______ just _________ this treatment.
A. has administered B. had been administrated C. did administer
D. will administer E. is administering
92. Most people believe that experiments on animals _____________.
A. should stop B. has to be stopped C. must stop
D. need be stopped E. should be stopped.
93 When blood sugar______ patients are in danger of developing several serious diseases and complications.
A. is not controlled B. was not controlled C. are not controlled D. have not controlled E. doesn’t control
94. Ann seems __________ a gnawing pain for two hours.
A. to have been experienced B. to be experienced C. to experience D. is experiencing E. to have been experiencing.
95. The patient ______ to have been laid with nephritis.
A. are likely B. likely C. is likely D. will be likely E. was like
96. The student asked the lecturer if gastritis _________ after major surgery and severe infection.
A. was developed B. had been developed C. developing D. developed E. will develop
97. Some drugs ________ for children under three unless directed by their physician.
A. did not use B. won’t used C. hasn’t been used D. are not used
E. are not using
98. The biopsy shows that the tumor is benign which ____ it's not cancerous.
A. mean B. means C. meant D. meaning E. have meant
99. He ______________ never ________ of his headache.
A. has been complained B. did complain C. is complaining D. has complained E. will be complaining
100. Several inner organs _____________ into this pathologic process.
A. involved B. were involved C. had involved
D. were involving E. has been involved